Qing History Society (Singapore) or QHSS is officially registered with ROS (Registry of Society, Ministry of Home Affairs, Singapore) on 31 December 2015. Currently, there are 50 over registered members. QHSS is committed to the research and promotion of the history of Qing dynasty, and local history, at the same advocate the values of Chinese culture, every year we organise various activities for our members.
Any individual who is interested in the history of Qing dynasty and whose objectives are consistent with that of the QHSS may apply to join the QHSS as an Ordinary Member. An Ordinary Member has the right to vote at any General Meeting of the QHSS. Applicant has to be a Singaporean citizen or Permanent Resident.
Any individual who are not a Singaporean citizen or Permanent Resident but also interested in the history of Qing dynasty and whose objectives are consistent with that of QHSS may apply to join the QHSS as an Associate Member. An Associate Member does not have the right to vote at any General Meeting of the QHSS.
1. QHSS calls for a General Meeting every 3 years. During the General Meeting:
- Ordinary Member: Has the right to vote once, and be elected as a committee member
- Associate Member: Has no right to vote, to elect or to be elected
2. Has the privilege to participate in all activities organised by QHSS to share experiences and knowledge, upgrade oneself and make more friends.
3. All members will be able to participate in all dialogues and activities co-organised by the government or relevant agencies.
1. To participate in all ticketed activities organised by QHSS such as “Beijing Expedition Trip” at discounted rates.
2. To make use of QHSS’s online media portal for promotion.
3. Members will be able to know any latest event organised by QHSS and have priority tickets.
4. QHSS can apply on behalf of the member for relevant application on funding or sponsorship. (Only in regards to local cultural activity and at the approval of the management committee)
5. 6 free copies of E-newsletter for a year.
Procedure of Membership Application
1. Fill up the Membership Application Form
2. Submit the Membership Application Form and await approval by the management committee
Ordinary Member: S$12 per annum / Associate Member: Free
1. The membership fee is due by 31 December each year;
2. New members shall make payment for the year once membership has been accepted
A Member shall cease to be a Member of the QHSS in the following events:-
1. The subscription fee and/or financial contribution is one (1) year in arrears and the Member thereafter fails to pay such fee or contribution within one (1) month from the date on which written notice requiring payment thereof is sent to the Member.
2. A notice in writing is sent to the QHSS by the Member resigning from the membership and which notice is accepted by the Council. Notwithstanding this, a resigning Member is liable for all its obligations including financial commitments made prior to the effective date of its resignation.
Please feel free to contact Wilson at 8571 4533 or email us at email@example.com if you have an queries.